I’ve never like tomatoes. Don’t know why. They are nightshade vegetables, which isn’t good for your joints, but I didn’t like them since before I knew I even had joints. As a kid, I took them off hamburgers, and as an adult ordered mine without. I like the little pops of red on a salad, and enjoy the little pops of red on the clean plate when I’m finished.
But this soup. Oh, this soup.
- 3-4 campari or roma tomatoes | Vitamin C, Potassium (I usually use roma, but I got a deal on some comparis, so that’s what’s in the photo.)
- 3-4 sundried tomato halves | Vitamin C, Potassium
- 5-6 large fresh basil leaves | Vitamin K
- 1/2 small avocado | Vitamin B5, Good Fat
- Nutritional yeast flakes (optional) | Vitamin B12
- Sea Salt | Sodium
- Pepper | Pepper
Throw everything in a blender with a bit of water and blend until smooth, seasoning with nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to your own liking. Serve in a bowl as soup or in a glass as a smoothie. (Although, if I were going to make this a smoothie, I’d add some spinach.)
You could also omit the avocado and water, prepare in a food processor, and use it as a raw marinara sauce.