The story goes on to say:
The Moomin Cafe chain, which is dedicated to a series of Finish (sic) picture books that are popular in Japan, adopted the policy to help customers feel more welcome and comfortable while dining alone.
A few questions:
- Who wants to sit across from something that looks like it dripped out of the chef’s nose?
- Wouldn’t you feel like a complete idiot sitting at a table with one of these things?
- How often are those costumes going to be laundered?
- Will you have to converse with them or are they going to just sit there and watch you eat?
- Will you have to specify whether you want to dine with Moomintroll, Moominpappa, Moominmamma or Snork Maiden, or will your companion be assigned to you?
- Why isn’t it Moominmaiden?
- How are you going to handle all the pitying looks from the other diners who have friends to eat with?
- Will you enjoy the constant interruptions to your meal by children wanting to have their picture taken with the thing?
- What about all the snarky comments on the photos that are going to circulate on Facebook and Pinterest?
How about you? Have any questions or concerns?